Rights & Permissions
Effective January 1, 2018
Highlights for Children offers a rich archive of high-quality fiction and non-fiction content for licensing. All content is searchable in our Highlights Digital Asset Management System (DAMS). We offer accounts that let multiple users in your company simultaneously access content and create their own collections in customizable folders. Contact us to set one up now.
If you still can't find what you need, let us know. We're always available to help!
Advantages of Licensing Highlights Content
- Scope and breadth of content: Pre-K-Grade 8, Fiction, Non-Fiction, English and Spanish.
- The Highlights legacy and brand ensures highest quality, award-winning content.
- Fulfills authentic text call and easily correlates to standards.
- All content is discoverable in our simple and easy-to-use DAMS (thousands with Lexiles).
- Flexible and custom licensing models. We also offer volume discounts.
- Quick turnaround time on requests. Transactional requests answered in 2-3 days.
- Hi-Res files available in multiple formats.
- Minor edits for educational uses, like annotating, creating a Cloze reading passage, and adjustments for reading level are usually approved without review. Rewrites are considered on a case-by-case basis.
All requests for permission must be in writing.
General permission requests should be sent to:
Rights & Permissions
By email: email@example.com
To ensure that your permission request is processed as quickly as possible, please be sure to enclose all necessary information:
- Requestor name
- Requestor organization, title and contact info
- Publisher name and address
- Product/title name
- Product/title publication date or release date
- Each format and its corresponding quantities. If usage is electronic, note whether the material will be password-protected or not
- Any additional rights needed, such as audio, custom editions, etc.
- Title of our material
- Publication date
- Publication name
- Whether request is for "text" or "text and art"
Note: If requesting an excerpt or any changes to the original material, provide a marked-up copy of the proposed edits for consideration